Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Day In The Life Of..


 Saturday,  Sweetheart took me to a sale ...down the way.  I spotted this old bed-skirt with the inset lace. (That neither I or my computer can spell.)   I really love old fabric textiles...So...now it belongs to..me! (ya!) The workmanship is very fine..and the condition was.. very good.

I started my day  today by soaking it in a whitening solution and then hanging out to sun!


 After a day in the wind and sunshine it is white, crisp and smells like...a sunny day!


 The Grands came .. for their school day!  
They love arts and crafts.  When time permits...we love to draw.
This is a self portrait of our oldest!
Notice that ..happy face!


 Our middle Grand proves...she can draw too!
I love the little square on top of her head.  When her sister asked what that was...She replied rather casually that it was  going to be a bow...but she messed up on it so she just...scratched it out!
Hmmmm...sounds so familiar to me...


The eggs were gathered earlier...and once again they are piling up.
The neighbors will only take ...so many.


Banana bread was suggested...so 
Banana bread was made!


 A view of the finished product...before I begin to sample....
I tweaked the recipe...(as usual) 
I used coconut oil instead of butter...and added poppy seed...
It was actually....good!


 I try to play with my art everyday.  Practice..is the only way to improve.
I have not figured out to make a jar look round.
But...I will not give up....


My Loyal Companion yearns for attention.  So.. as I am out and about I may carry on a rather lengthy conversation with him.  He listens..and seldom replies!
His girl-friend The Lab, was given a new toy.
Loyal grabbed it, ran home and buried it.
I explained to him that he was breaking one of the Ten Commandments ...
But.....he did not have any thing to say...so I am afraid he was not listening..

My day is filled with ups and..downs, some fun and some...not so fun!
As the sun sets ..I pray that I may have made a positive impact on someone...And if I  failed in any way...that I may be forgiven.
From the pasture...may your week be..blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment