Monday, September 1, 2014

Bread....And A Stolen Toy..


Looking through one of my...many cookbooks, I came across this..eye catching picture.  (Well this is the kind of stuff that catches my eye ..)
I was inspired....to make this..soda bread. 


I checked my cupboard...and made the necessary substitutions... for any ingredient that I did not have...(you know you can do that....make substitutions..that is. )


 The recipe called for orange zest.   Dratzola...someone ate the last orange...a few months ago...
Lemon will do...and why would any-one put so many different kinds of seeds....I only have poppy..so poppy seeds it is....and only is!


This made a thick batter....so it had to be scooped into the bread pan.
Afterword...it needed to be tasted...just to make sure that all of my substitutions worked well together.
A little on the salty side...so I made a note to use less salt...next time.

 

 A little time in the oven.....and


 Soda bread is done.  It needed a little sweet..so I used good ole honey to dip my little bitty slices in.
The addition of honey has the capability to make...anything...delicious!


 A new toy was bought for one of the other...dogs on the place.   However...Loyal wants it..and it appears he plans to make it ..his.


 See ya...Loyal....come back when you can...stay a while!


 Back so soon...and with such a big toy....too!


Much later in the day...I found the new toy...hidden.
Loyal buries all of his...treasures.



I've been away from my art table...for too long.
With all of the comings and goings on around here....a suitcase seemed the perfect little thing to....paint!

I am using a new computer...
I am prepared to ...learn..
Here is hoping that you Can teach and ole.....ahhh girl!  new tricks!!
From the pasture where I am glad to be....
Blessings and prayers for good health....to you!..

No comments:

Post a Comment