Tuesday, August 27, 2013

School Days


  Time flies when your having fun....but a'las...its time to hit the books!


My own school days were so long ago.  But I believe we should never stop learning.  Education can happen
  everyday.  Find a subject that interest you and ....research it!  Become a master on the subject!

Here is a map that I pasted (a word we never use anymore) together when I was in the 4th grade.  It was a class project that I was quiet impressed with.  So it made it to my "save pile" at the end of that school year and...here it is...many many years later.  


 Here is my pasted masterpiece!  Each state is in its proper place!






It's funny how somethings will really jog your memory.  This map does for me. I remember being so pleased with myself after I completed this project.  I tend to gravitate toward projects that are easy... I need to work on changing that!



 I really wanted to voice a prayer for all the kiddos (and their families)  as they begin a new school year.
Heavenly Father,
We thank you that we still have the freedom to educate our children.  As a new school year begins I pray for the protection of our children's innocence. I pray that all students will  be eager to learn.  And dear Father please, protect our kids.  We have already seen what a mad and crazy world we live in.  I pray that a protective hedge would be around each child whether they are educated in a classroom or in their own homes.  Dear Lord, please protect our dedicated teachers.  May their classroom represent order and discipline.   Please help them to find joy as they teach because that kind of joy is contagious.   And may Your truth always be upheld in this country.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen


Loyal Companion sends his greetings.  And when the yellow school bus drives past our home....he sends a shout out to all the kiddos!
Blessings to all....from the pasture!


No comments:

Post a Comment