Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Texas Weather...

This Texas heat is beginning to affect my girl chicks.  Their egg production is ...really down.  Apparently they heard through the chick grapevine that when it is really hot....they wouldn't need to show up for work!
 
The girls brought home some "home grown" pears!  Yum...I peeled quiet a few and froze them for pies and cakes ....this winter.  I put these out for Sweetheart to eat!  He loves fresh pears!  I enjoy drawing and painting them. (No I don't paint the pear...I paint the drawing that is trying to look like a pear!)
We are in desperate need of rain.  The pasture has turned to straw.  So when I saw these clouds forming....I really got excited.  Even the animals were acting a little funny.  I guess they do not remember what a dark sky can produce......but they are going to find out! (ya)

As I was taking pictures of the clouds I noticed that the pasture gulls were going a little crazy too.  They would fly above the pond, land, and then take off again only to circle around again before landing.  My precious Dad always referred to these birds as "his chickens"!

I let Loyal Companion come in...the heat has him feeling really sluggish.  The thunder started bee bopping around and he didn't even bark at it.  (He takes his job of protecting me very serious...even trying to attack thunder.  But not today.)
 
The heat not only affects the animals....it gets to me also.  I love beautiful hand-mades but I haven't felt like doing much handwork lately.  My very dear friend surprised me with this adorable and very old, totally handmade baby dress.  I love it!  This is what I need to get my creative juices flowing!  I can feel a project coming on!  Thank-you beautiful friend....you always know just what I need!


As I write this blog, it has started  pouring down rain!  Thank-you Lord!  You know better than anyone what we need .... and when we need it!   Blessings from the pasture where sweet manna is falling from the heavens....and we are all doing a happy dance!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment