Monday, October 14, 2013

Thank-you!


Just a little "thank-you" for ... stopping by....

I came across a new recipe for Ginger Cookies in the new Better Homes.  Yes....they are good!  Very good in fact! They call for fresh ginger.  If you haven't used fresh ginger before...it is a root and has to be peeled.  I always eat too many cookies...if they are home made.  And if no one is looking....I can really put them away...


Look what we have growing in our little fall garden....red and yellow bell peppers.  They are every bit as good as Mr. Kroger's....just not as big!  The grapes are from summer (Possum Grapes) and we want to see if we can cultivate them next year..so these are drying out for seeds. I think they look good with the peppers....


It is fall in our pasture...home.  So we have pumpkins...  everywhere..not the real kind...the paper kind!  They do not taste as good...but they store better than the real kind...and last...a very long time!
When my kiddos were little I decided to impress them and some of their friends with my pumpkin carving skills.  My knife slipped, and I nearly cut off my thumb.....they were quite impressed...ended my carving days..forever!



 
The girls (cows) came up to the house to do a little...yard work.  Mr. Donkey wasn't far behind.  It looks like he was assigned to weed eating.  He missed some...
Sweetheart and I worshiped at our wonderful country church Sunday.  I hope you have a church that you call "yours" also.  Having a faith in Jesus Christ,  belonging to a Christian church, and surrounding yourself with like minded friends....is such a blessing.
From our home...out in the pasture....may you be richly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment