Thursday, October 17, 2013

The World Outside My Kitchen Window...


 Outside my kitchen window....there is a mound of dirt that was formed when we were building our home. It is one of our "some day" projects....some day we are going to level that mound ...But for now...the calves and our Grands...love to play on it. I caught Double Dipper, one of our heifers, playing "Queen of the Hill."  I walked right up to her...but she would not budge off of her "hill."


 I gathered the eggs this afternoon and found this......This egg has bumps and creases in the shell.  It is irregular in its shape.  This is the second one I have found this year...and I still wonder....was this painful to produce?  The girl chicks were all up and running.....so.....I guess ....all it well....


When I can find a little spare moment....I play with my paints.  
There is so much beauty in nature....but sometimes....you have to look for it.  
I brought in this leaf, put it on my art table.....and...drew it the way I see it....then applied some watercolors!
I know.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

In regards to the condition of our beloved America...I want to share a line from a beautiful song.
"Take your burdens to the Lord, and leave them there."
From the pasture.....blessings to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment