Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Just Figs


 Regarding figs...
You either love them.
Tolerate them...or
Never...eat them.
Me...I love Fig Newton Cookies..


But..
I am Not a fan of raw figs.
They are too mellow.
Too...juicy.


 Butterflies....Bees....Wasp....Flies....Birds....
Love them.


 There are many varieties that grow well here.
I have been told that the smaller ones..are sweeter.
Big or small...I just can't wrap my taste buds around them.
But...


 I decided  ( well...actually I found this idea on a blog )
to roast them...in a slow oven, on low...for several hours.
What could it hurt?



They do not look to good....but...
that mellow tasting juice is now...
reduced to a very sweet...fig newton-ie ...super yummie...
raisin  looking....thing. 


 After the figs cooled..( and after I ate...my share...and maybe sweethearts..share )
I put them in labeled freezer bags..and then in the freezer.
The yummy left in the pans...was.....so good!
I know..there are some things...I should not share..


I found a few tomatoes...hidden in the weeds...in my garden.
Wow...a treat...and just when I'm so full.. of ....figs!

We have been...so blessed.
God's provisions are new...everyday.
From the pasture...blessings..and figs!

No comments:

Post a Comment