Friday, June 28, 2013

New sights

Brother and I went  to haul more hay home for winter.  This is an old cistern where a home once stood.  The Crep Myrtles are amazing.  The home has been gone a long time and yet...its still so beautiful.

This private drive ambered through very tall timbers.  So quiet, I almost feel bad driving through and disturbing this peace.

Its another very old home place.  Notice this log barn.  This is how barns in this area looked years ago.  There still are a few of them left.  Such history....if these logs could talk....

More peacefulness.  I had to walk out and check it out.  It was VERY hot...but yes..beautiful.  I found out this lake was dug a while back and its 18 feet deep in the middle...No small fish pond here.

But the most amazing part is...the water is clear.   Yep, I could  hardly believe it...I was so hot I really wanted to jump in but then I repeated out loud...18 feet.  I declined the jump thought.  If you read my first posting you might recall that I swim like a turtle...And turtles really need to stay in not so deep water!
Not only is the place awesome but the hay we picked up was too.  Really large bales.  Yahoo!  Big bales take longer for the ole girls to eat in the cold winter...(we get cold putting that hay out) Brother could only haul 3 at a time on this flat bed...so  it took many trips.  But that was ok...the place is really nice to look at and its really close to home!

Rain boots waiting for duty....and Loyal Companion saying...au revoir!  Well really he just said arf...but I just wanted to show you that I'm still working on my Texas French!
Blessings to you and please stay hydrated and cool....this Texas heat is some hot stuff!  Sweetheart and I will be in church on Sunday hope you will too!

1 comment:

  1. So glad y'all have water and are getting hay. Mom and Dad got their first cutting in a few weeks ago. It's super dry up there now. The stock tanks are starting to dry up. Enjoy your writing and your pictures.
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete