Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Random-ness

Yes, I made up that word, (random-ness) but  I think it will fit this post!  I dearly love these hydrangea plants.  They are my favorite, right up there with antique roses!  If I could only have two flowering plants, they would be antique roses and hydrangeas.  If I could only have one.....hmmm...not sure.

Every now and then something strange happens at the farm.  I went to gather eggs and wa-la look at the size of this egg.  I think it could pass for a goose egg!  All of the girl chicks were walking normal...so I guess it didn't hurt too bad!

 Total random shot!  This is Buttercup, aka cow with white patch on head.  She was just enjoying dinner...or maybe she would call it supper...what would you call a meal that last all day?  She wanted me to tell you...moo-low.  (Cow for hello)  I spoke some of my french to her...I said Je t'aime...she just stared at me....with grass hanging out of her mouth...


 This rose is called "Belinda's Dream".  I have it planted beside my front porch.  When I was very young, my neighbor and friend was named Belinda.  We played together often.  While in the third grade, we decided to perform for our music class.  We plotted and planned for days. We decided to lip sync "These Boots Are Made For Walking."  We wore polka dotted dresses (our great Moma's made these for us) and of course boots!  She had white go-go boots.  I didn't have any so...I  wore a pair of my brothers cowboy boots.  Not exactly go-go style...but you do what you have to do! Fountain ink pens served as our micro-phones. I can remember this like it was yesterday...I know everybody enjoyed our performance ... I remember them smiling through the entire song! This rose serves as my memory jogger!  When it blooms...I think of Belinda and sweet (and funny) memories return! 


 Here is Big Daddy bull.  I wish I knew what he was thinking.  Hmm..maybe not. I'm pretty sure he only has one thing on his mind...at all times!


 Here are my newest little babies.  I soaked some okra seeds a few days back...planted them...God sent a wonderful rain...and  ta-da!  Okra.  My Dad taught me so much about gardening.  I wish I could remember every thing...


Like I said....total random-ness.  I hope you have one of those wonderful memory maker weeks. 
Please pray for our president....he needs it.
From the pasture where random things happen daily...blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment