Monday, September 16, 2013

Ahhhh...Lavender


 On a crisp fall morning...with chores completed....Sweetheart and I set out to find ...a lavender farm!   We had to travel a bit....to an old community called "Chappell Hill."   But...the travel was worth it.  It is so beautiful there.   Rolling hills and a lot of....peace!

Lavender is so aromatic and these beautiful shrubs are no exception!  I could not get enough of this clean lavender scented air in my lungs....I noticed that Sweetheart was doing some deep breathing also!


While I have never crossed the ocean and viewed  France for myself....I feel as if I have had a sample of that serene countryside!  But ...I never left my beloved Texas!
We noticed that several of the large plants were dieing ... so we inquired with the proprietor of the farm...we were told...this is normal for our area because....of.....the ....Texas....Humidity!   Of course...I should have known.  That dreadful wet air does a number on your hair too....  
In the background you see the young plants that will replace the plants that succumb to the humidity.


Sweetheart and I snipped only a  few sprigs.. . There was not an abundance of buds at this time. ( I would love to have picked a truck load...next time...we will go earlier in the season. ) ....We thought we would leave some for the other guest...we did not want to be ( look ) pig-ish!


Blessings from our pasture and the great Lone Star....where lavender will grow and humidity ..happens!
May your week be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment