Thursday, September 12, 2013

Is This Fall?


 Believe it or not....it is almost Fall.  When the kiddos start back to school and the weather drops...just a tad...I start feeling kind of fall-ish!  I like to get things ready for whats ahead AND I like to get out and enjoy all of the things there is to do in the Fall!


 I love needle work.  Our grand little grand has a birthday this month....he will be three!   I make these little alphabet samplers for the little ones for their third year.  It is a good time for them to learn their alphabet and hopefully this helps!


 The girl chicks ( and their men...) have a new perch!  They are very excited!  This project was made by the adult kiddos!   We are so fortunate....we have youth around here!  They are workers!!


 Fall is a good time to hang out the rugs that will help warm our feet this winter! 
 There is one special one on the fence....


 So many years ago...my best bud found a lady who was selling her Mothers old handmade rugs.  The sweet lady told us that her Mother was of German descent.  She had lived in Pennsylvania and made rugs by hand.  I feel sure this rug is probably 100 years old.  It is very frail...but I still use it...for a pretty only.  I have tried ..in vain to figure out how these are made.  While they are braided, it is different from the conventional braid.  Maybe someday...someone will come along...who knows about this flat braid!


 Hang the rugs on the fence and the girls will come!  They are so nosy!!


My Sweetheart doing sweetheart stuff!  He went across the creek to rake up pine straw for my flower garden.  He's good that way....I read that pine straw is good to use as a mulch in the summer and as a protective barrier in the winter!  Ya we have two seasons covered...Look at that good looking pasture...it has dried up and withered away.  Hmmmm....we sure could use a rain!  There is just no place like Texas!
From our dry pasture where you just might see cows licking on my rugs....
Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment