Sunday, September 8, 2013

From Our Own Vineyard



Long years ago my Daddy took me to a little spot out near the creek.  There, he showed me where a tiny wild grape was growing....he called it a "Possum Grape."  He said that my Grandmaw made jelly with that little grape and that it was "mighty fine."   Well...I gave it a try, and I've been making my version of Possum Grape jelly every since!



My cooking always requires that I make a mess....most of the time its a Big mess!  I scouted out my jars...they are of assorted shapes and sizes!  They have been sterilized and are ready to be filled.  That blue funnel helps me keep jelly off of the sides of the jar....but it wouldn't be much of a memory if I didn't get the sticky stuff everywhere!




 My version of jelly uses a box of this stuff called SureJell.  If I follow the directions it works...if I tweak the recipe a tad....it will not work.  I know this from experience!  For today....I followed the directions on the box.  Looks like some good stuff......and it is!





 Look!  I made jelly!  I've tested it....(aka scraping the stuff off of the pot when all the jars are filled)  It is....Delicious!  While I didn't photograph the mess that was created...let me just share that a good memory was made!  Several kitchen towels are now permanently colored this deep grape color!  That really neat funnel had more on the outside of it then on the inside...not sure how I managed to do that!




Sweetheart and I worshiped at our little country church this morning.  I love to go there. Our church family has become so special and important to us.  While this is not our sweet church it is so beautiful that I wanted to end my post today with it.  I hope you have a special place to worship.  It will add so much to your life when you do!


May your week be blessed ....from the pasture where the sweet grapes grow...blessings!











No comments:

Post a Comment