Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ramblings

    
 I've been keeping an eagle's eye on this tree.  I look at it everyday when I'm in my kitchen.  I call it the Louisiana tree.  I'm watching it so closely because we have lost four of these Post Oak trees this past year.  The drought proved to be too much for them.  The few that we have left have been in stress and this spring I am hoping that these few will pull through.  If and when this tree starts putting on leaves... I think a picnic will be in order right under it's beautiful canopy.


     Here is one of the Post Oaks that we have not finished cleaning up.  My brother who is a logger was at least able to get a log out of this one.  Later, Sweetheart will cut up the straight pieces for firewood.  This is the way our family makes the best of a bad situation!  Kind of like when life gives you lemons, make lemonaid. Some would say we are living "green".  The truth is we are just doing what Americans have always done...making it with what you've got!

     A grateful "thank you" for all who take the time to read my rambling!  May you be blessed by our wonderful Lord.
Blesings from the pasture...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment