Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Get ready, get set...

   No, its not out of my garden, someone else grew this one.  But I am soooo ready to get my garden planted.  Today I shoveled fertilize into my garden beds.  The ole girls (meaning cows) and the donkey provided all the fertilize that I should need. (thank you very much!)  I'll add some top soil and a little more organic matter (sawdust) and wait another week or two (so the weather can get the frost completely out of its system) then I'll plant a few tomatoes, some crookneck squash (my absolute favorite) and a few bell peppers.  Then as the weather continues to warm I'll plant a few more seeds. (Peas, corn, okra, and who knows what else I'll find to plant.)   Looking forward to some good eating!

     When I wasn't shoveling poop... I did some hand work on these little pink booties.  They were fun to make, I've never made booties before.  I used a few embriodery stiches to emblish the top.  I hope to give them to my little friend at church,  I still need to attach a ribbon to tie them with.  I'm not sure just how I'm going to do it because.... I'm not following the instructions! (shocked aren't you )  I will figure it out, it may wind up looking hookie, but they will tie somehow. 

Blessings from the pasture!

No comments:

Post a Comment