Friday, March 1, 2013

Inside/Outside

    
Inside the house it was toasty warm.  I decided to make a bonnet for the little one at church.  With the gusty winds we are having she will need something to keep those sweet little ears warm.  As usual for me I decided I probably knew more than those silly people who make a living making patterns. I changed it up a tad,... and then I ripped it out... and then had to rip some more.  I get myself into more pickles when I do things my way!  After I wore the fabric out with my fabric ripper gadget, I noticed I had created a hole. I believe I can mask this hole with a little ribbon and give it a tie around the neck! If it will keep those ears out of the wind then whats a little hole?  Well.... thats my logic anyway!  


     I helped my sis get her house ready for a special visitor that she is expecting on Easter.  She seems to think that I have special skills in decorating!  I call it untrained talent!!  I suggested that she just throw some tired old quilts (that I love) over the sofa,  scatter some of her grown kiddos childrens books on the table along with a few hodge podgy things and "walla"! Presto!  We brought in a few other things too but I dont want to get too wordy.. so I'll leave you with your imagination to wander. 

     Later when I got ready to feed the cows, I noticed that a few were "a-wall"... It really makes no sence.  We keep hay out, we have green pasture...well kinda green, ok it's green in spots.. and we feed them.. but still they forge the creek looking for a weak area in the fence where they can check out the pasture next to ours.  They do not run any cattle on that pasture so naturally our cows feel obligated to keep it mowed! I cant say I blame them! 
My Sweetheart was able to do his cattle call and get them to come back home.  Then with the help of my brother-in-law and sis, we all repaired the fence.  Well Sis and I really just walked around in the creek (its not too deep right now) and looked for violets and more holes in the fence.  We found violets and some weak fence areas...but no holes (yet)!  I love the purple violets that are in bloom right now... Beautiful little gifts from God just for our picking pleasure!

So as you see it was an inside/outside kind of day today!  Looking forward to a beautiful Saturday! 

Blessings from the pasture...

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job helping me decorate! I enjoyed the time spent together!

    ReplyDelete