Monday, March 25, 2013

Chicken Hotel

     Every now and then wishes really do come true!  In this case it has to do with  "chickens"!  When our kiddos were young, we had chickens.  That also means we had fresh eggs.  Since our move to "the farm", we have had so much to do that my wish of having chickens was put on the back burner.  (The burner in the very far back.)

     Long story short, A very kind man found out that I was wanting some hens and wa la... he sent home by my girls 12 beautiful laying hens of all nationalities.  Sweetheart was just as excited as I was....I think.  Well, the chicken girls needed a special place to scratch and roam around.  We have dogs.  Enough said!  The girl chickens would have to have their own "place".

     This weekend, I had to go out of town to a baby shower.  Upon my return home, my family along with some of our dearest young friends (Sweetheart and I both consider them family) had built and almost finished the finest chicken hotel I could imagine!  Life is good!

     The chicken girls and boys were moved into their new home and right away boom an egg! 

     Sweetheart and I went to church this morning.  Our worship service was awesome!  We are so grateful for the life that God has provided for us.  May you be blessed as we prepare to celebrate our risen Saviour.

     Blessings to you from our growing farm!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to "build" however the boys did the most! Actually the fun part was transporting them into the hotel! Jess climbed into their cage to herd them out.. then we realized they can FLY!!!!

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete