Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pasture walk


I needed a little walk in the pasture after our busy weekend.  A peaceful walk is all I need to reduce any stress that I have accumulated.  I went down to the creek and studied the way the water has washed away the soil from its roots. It's kind of creepy but also really neat.  My Dad said years ago, when he was growing up that they would drink out of this creek if they were thirsty.  I'd have to be really thirsty.  I know what the cows do in it...


The tall pines are so mesmerizing.  These have been here for quiet some time.  Brother is still logging out here.  The trees need to be thinned out every few years.

While out, I came across something that made my mouth water.....a berry!  In just a few months I'll be able to pick more black berries than can be imagined!  Can't wait...but if you eat a red one...get ready to really pucker.  It will turn your mouth inside out!

These weed flowers come up every year.  I love them!  I picked a few for the house.  They also have a really sweet smell. 

Wishing everyone who reads this little corner of the blog world a wonderful day.

From the pasture...blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment