Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Texas

The saying is still true about Texas weather.  Stick around long enough... This morning I was wearing shorts and rubber boots.  By early afternoon a coat was added to my ensemble.
 
I have one brother.  He is a logger.  Early this morning I could hear the faint sound of a chain-saw and knew that brother was out in the woods cutting some timber that needed to be cut.


I grabbed the camera and put on my rubber boots and took off to find him. 

After crossing the creek (rubber boots) I found brother and his step daughter.  (She works with him pulling the cut timber out with the tractor.  Her dog sits on the tractor seat with her while she works. So cute!)

I explained that I wanted to get a few shots of falling timbers.  Brother told me where he needed me to stand.  I was a little further away than I wanted to be.  I was getting all fixed to take the picture and while I was getting all fixed, the tree came down and was on the ground before I ever got the picture.  Well...that wasn't supposed to happen.
 
 
 He started checking out another tree... OK..I thought I'll get another chance.  Again I was a little too far away to get some really good shots but at least I was ready.  I thought.    When they start to fall they come down fast.  I managed to get two shots of the tree as it was coming down.  But I found out  later that I didn't get them in focus.  So I have two fuzzy shots of a huge pine timber falling down.  Maybe I should stick to taking pictures of flowers.

The weather turned upside down after I got back home. There really is no place like Texas. 
Blessings to you from the now cold pasture!












!

No comments:

Post a Comment