Friday, May 31, 2013

Harvest Time

Well the girl chicks have been busy lately.  However today...not so busy!  This afternoon I went to feed and retrieve the bounty only to discover...not so much bounty.  Only 5!  Guess I'll have to have a little talk with the girls...there is a piece of leftover fried chicken I'll bring to back up my little talk...
 
 
Squash plants are producing!  While Sweetheart doesn't eat the golden vegetable, I do!  It is one of my favorites!  There are a few little cherry tomatoes to go along with the golden stuff..ummm!!!  All I need to do is make a skillet of cornbread!

 
The girls harvested this garlic and hung it on Mamma's clothesline.  We look like real pioneers out here!  I guess pioneers ate garlic, not really sure!  These will make some winter dishes really good!


This is what I like to look at in the morning.  The girls don't always come for a morning drink here, but when they do ... I have to say Thank-you Lord.  Its a peaceful blessing to see their calmness.  They are not worried about...anything!   My goal...to not worry. 

 
I hope you have the opportunity to worship in church this weekend.  Sweetheart and I plan too.
May your weekend be great..
Blessings from all the farm critters,  and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment