Monday, May 20, 2013

Life....Continues


Sunday night my Grands  (the girls) were in a Children's Program at church.  There's just something extra special about watching those kiddos on the stage.  Some put their heart and soul into it, some stare out into the audience, waving when they see a familiar face, others dance little jigs during the music, and every now and then a little one will just come down off that stage for a little chat with their Momma!  Pure enjoyment!  The preacher commented after the performance how special these events are because not only do the kiddos learn biblical truths, but they also find their voices.  They develop the ability to share what they know about the Lord to others!



I noticed that when summer hit today at about noon that the girls (cow variety)  were all hanging out under the Pecan Trees that grow in the pasture.  Guess its a little cooler under that big canopy of trees.  Its beautiful under there too, one of my favorites spots on the place!



I did undertake a little project today.  I decided to recover this very old bench that my Momma gave me.  I used this in my room when I was little.  It really needed a redo.  I didn't take a before picture but if you can imagine....it was....ugly.  I haven't figured out how to re-do anything harder than a cushion.  I bought a" how to reupholster"  book a while back because I thought I would re-do this old chair.  It said it was So easy...It wasn't.  After I tore all the hide off of it I couldn't figure how to "re-hide"  it so now I just hide it!  It's up in my someday sewing room, along with many other projects that claimed to be Easy....Someday I'll probably get rid of that stuff...but not the chair.  I noticed that in the Restoration Hardware catalog that de-hided furniture is all the rage...who knew!


Oklahoma, my heart grieves as I hear your news.  My prayers are with you and for you.  God, please be with and help this devastated state.

From the pasture....I'm praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment