Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Blessings (and bloopers!)


 How blessed we are.  Freedom...to worship as we desire.  Refresh your memory of why our founding fathers worked so hard...to get here..and survive... and be...thankful!


 Yes we had...Snow!  Woo-hoo...I had to get out in the...pasture...and ..play in it!


 The snow was too cold for the girl cows....but not cold enough to stick once it hit the ground. It was so fun to run...jump and...squeal...."I love snow!"  Age will never stop me from playing like a ...child!


 So....it is the evening before Thanksgiving.... I was visiting Mom at her house when I decided to make my pie crust for Sweethearts sweet-potato pie.  I make one at just about every holiday...He loves them.  I also make my crust.  However ...today...the dough is not acting correctly. .It just  will not roll out.Could I have messed up....(uhhh...yea..not too hard to believe that..)


 Here we go ... into the trash.  .  This recipe makes three crust. But not.....today!


 Ok...Moms turn...to impress....and of course...hers did not wind up in the...trash.


 Hmm....well....I'll try again....later...For now....Mom's crust will be....just fine!


A dear friend...blessed Sweetheart again..with some home grown fruit. I think I will make a lemon pie with these and use ... a graham cracker crust!
Happy Thanksgiving....may your day be filled with family, food and perfect pie-crust!
From the pasture....God's richest blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment